Heading to Newport this summer? I’ve gathered up my packing must-haves to make preparing for your trip a breeze.
Newport, RI Weather
The temperature in Newport during the summer (mid June-September) typically ranges from the low 70s to mid 80s during the day. At night and early morning the temps can be cooler especially in June when the island contends with fog.
Temperatures can range significantly especially in the morning in coastal areas compared to inland areas on the island. Similarly, cities like Providence are always warmer than Newport and coastal areas.Wind is always a big factor being on the ocean. Layers are essential, especially if you’re on the water.
What to Pack for Summer Vacation in Newport, RI
Newport, Rhode Island is a beautiful city with a lot to offer visitors. From its stunning beaches to its historic mansions, there’s something for everyone in Newport. If you’re planning a summer vacation in Newport, here’s a list of things to pack:
coats, jackets, outerwear
- Light Rain Jacket
- Denim Jacket
- Fleece Jacket
- Tanks and Tees
- Sweaters (light cotton for summer)
- Light pants (linen)
- Bathing suits
- Sports Bras
- Biker Shorts
- Tennis Dress
- Golf Clothing
- Water Shoes
- Heels (block heel)
- Polarized sunglasses
- Crossbody bag (when I travel I like a simple crossbody that fits my wallet and phone).
- Beach bag
- Straw Tote
- Camera: If you have one, you’ll definitely want to capture memories with your camera. There are so many beautiful places to photograph.
- Water bottle: Newport is fairly walkable so be sure to pack a water bottle to refill throughout the day.
- Insect repellent and sunscreen: It can get buggy at night with the humidity. Don’t forget to pack plenty of sunscreen. The sun is strong especially when you’re on the water.
Disclosure: if you buy something through the links on this blog, we may earn an affiliate commission. We only feature products we would personally recommend. Thank you for your support.