5 Winter to Spring Wardrobe Must-Haves
PHOTOGRAPHY BY CRAIG MACKAY
REISS CABLE KNIT TURTLENECK SWEATER / PAIGE DENIM SKINNY JEANS / L.K. BENNETT OTK BOOTS / FOLEY + CORINNA LADY TOTE / LARSSON & JENNINGS WATCH / LOREN HOPE CUFF
As the countdown rolls on we are only 16 days away from spring. That is SO close. But, there’s also snow in the forecast for Friday and we all know how March can be, very unpredictable to say the least. So I thought about what my top 5 pieces would be for the transitional time between winter and spring, and here they are.
1. Over the Knee Boots – These have become an all around wardrobe favorite for me. Pretty much every season except summer a pair of over the knee boots will take you places. This suede pair from L.K. Bennett are an absolute outfit maker, great with jeans and a tee or sweater if it’s chilly, and so feminine and gorgeous with a flowy dress as it gets warmer. If you don’t like wearing a heel these OTK boots are my go-tos, an investment yes but worth it.
2. A White Sweater – Sweaters are just a part of life in New England, even in the summer, I always carry a sweater with me in case it gets chilly. But as the days get longer and hopefully warmer, it’s nice to brighten up your wardrobe with a cozy knit in a neutral shade. I absolutely love this turtleneck sweater from Reiss, and wear it often, it’s warm enough that on chillier days you can skip the coat. A white sweater will go with pretty much everything in your closet and is wearable through the season.
3. Skinny Jeans – The main reason I love skinny jeans so much is because of their versatility. Wear them with over the knee boots and a sweater, sneakers and a tee, or pumps and a silk blouse, there are so many ways to style them. I love the studded detail and high rise on this pair from Paige. They also hit right at the ankle so the length is perfect to wear with heels or flats.
4. A neutral bag – Pastels are one of my favorite spring trends and this pretty blush color, Pantone’s Color of the Year Rose Quartz is showing up everywhere. One of the easiest ways to incorporate it into your wardrobe is with a new bag. I love this one (part of the Shopbop sale!) because it’s the perfect combo of a crossbody and a purse.
5. Sunscreen – Ok so this is not a clothing item but protecting your skin as the sun gets stronger is super important. Sunscreen is a year round necessity but particularly as the days get longer and warmer and we start to spend more time outdoors. Hopefully it’s already in your daily moisturizer but if not, I really like Amore Pacific SPF 30 for everyday. Another easy way to make sure your skin is protected is to use a foundation or tinted moisturizer with SPF, I love Jouer and bareMinerals.
Disclosure: if you buy something through the links on this blog, we may earn an affiliate commission. We only feature products we would personally recommend. Thank you for your support.
Rock n’roll pair of jeans! You look fantastic in this laid-back and super stylish outfit! 🙂
Good advice Jess and it’s so nice to be thinking that Spring is on its way;) I absolutely love the white jumper – not my typical colour since I am blonde and fair skin and I don’t think it’s really flattering – but I love the knit, the length of it and it really looks super confortable so I am feeling tempted this time! Thanks for sharing. Julie x
I love your photos! And yes, March can be so unpredictable. Especially right now. It was sunshine and warm yesterday and today it was snowing.
I love the sweater!! This is a stylish outfit so aproppiate for winter!! The bag is so special and different. Thanks for the advices!!
Absolutely love this look! You look so sleek!
I love those jeans! How darling and cute are they?! Love them! Xo