We make some version of tacos at least once a week in our house. Craig is the cook in the family, I know my strengths, lol. One of the only things we don’t have near us is good Mexican food. Somewhat hard to come by in Vermont, so we make it often because we all love it, including our toddler. I am mostly vegetarian but the great thing about this potato and cauliflower taco recipe is that you can add in chicken, tofu or beef.
This is a great weeknight meal and something you could prep ahead of time and then whip up pretty quickly. We used flour tortillas for this recipe but you can also have these with hard shell tacos. Serve up with your favorite margarita recipe or mocktail and enjoy! If you’re looking for more meal ideas check out this round up of cozy winter recipes.
Potato and Cauliflower Tacos
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 10 fingerling potatoes
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 medium sized yellow onion
- taco seasoning
- flour tortillas
- cheddar cheese
- refried pinto beans
- 2 avocadoes
- 1 fresh lime (store bought or try this salsa verde recipe!)
- salt and pepper
- chips (optional)
- green cabbage
- primal kitchen oil & vinegar dressing
- salt and pepper
- lime juice
- Preheat oven to 425
- Dice potatoes into small cubes, dice cauliflower into small pieces, cut onions into thin slices (not too small or they will burn), slice bell pepper
- Prep refried beans in oven safe pan with shredded cheese
- Cook potatoes, cauliflower, onion in a cast iron skillet with avocado oil at 425 for 45 minutes (stir halfway through)
- While potato mix is cooking, make slaw, slice cabbage and radishes thin, mix with oil and vinegar dressing, season with salt and pepper
- Add peppers after 45 minutes, stir and add more salt and pepper to taste, cook for additional 10-15 minutes
- Put beans and shredded cheese in oven at same time, cook for 10 minutes
- Make guacamole, mash avocados with salt and fresh lime juice (we love it with lemon juice too)
- Once potato mix and beans are done, remove from oven and place tortillas on oven rack. Turn oven off and leave in for a minute or two to warm.
- Assemble tacos with beans, potato and cauliflower mix, guacamole, salsa, and slaw
- Optional, add your favorite hot sauce!
Disclosure: if you buy something through the links on this blog, we may earn an affiliate commission. We only feature products we would personally recommend. Thank you for your support.