Anyone else feel like December is flying by? Christmas is creeping up but there is still time to find the perfect gift. Whether you are looking for that extra special something or trying to figure out what to get the in-laws, we’ve got you covered. Our hand picked selection of last minute gift ideas will help you cross off all the things on your list. And if you’re not looking to spend, a DIY gift is great too!
Last Minute Gift Ideas
When in doubt, gift cards are always a great gift idea. Whether you are gifting to the person that already has everything or the picky recipient, a gift card is a perfect way give the recipient an opportunity to enjoy an experience post holiday madness, which is honestly usually when we need it the most. It’s also a really great way to shop local and support small businesses. Whether it’s a book store, coffee shop, spa day, or restaurant, you can’t go wrong with a gift card (especially for the teachers on your list)!
Gift boxes and baskets are another nice quick and easy last minute gift idea. If you are visiting friends or family this holiday season a gift basket is a great way to say thank you to your hosts. Make your own with a candle, tea towels, cheese and cheese knives. In addition, if you’re looking to support a small woman-owned business, our friend makes these beautifully curated gift boxes. She offers a wide range of options to choose from for everyone on your list or you can work with her to personalize your own. They are beautifully made and also curated with products from local small businesses. Use code JESS25 to get 25% off your order with Forest and Field Collective valid from 12/16-12/22 with free local (Upper Valley Vermont area) delivery up to 12/24.
Here are some of our favorite gift boxes from Forest & Field:
Practical and Useful Gifts
Everyone loves a practical gift! Nobody wants more stuff they’re never going to use 😵💫 So why not get something practical that you know your partner, friend or family will love and use for years to come.
- Farmaesthetics Nourishing Lavender Milk. This smells incredible, is made in RI, and it’s incredibly gentle. It’s the only thing Craig will put on his face, but it makes a nice hand lotion too. The herbal cleanser and lavender milk combo is the ultimate treat. Get 20% off with code GIFT23.
- Darn Tough socks are made in Vermont. Order by 12/15 with free standard shipping to arrive for Christmas.
- Oral-B Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush. A practical gift that your loved ones will be thanking you for all year long!
For Home/Work outdoors
- Snow Moover Extendable Snow Brush
- Work gloves (L.L. Bean has free expedited shipping through 12/18)
- Waterhog Doormats. Check out a thorough review here, these are awesome.
For the kitchen/cooking
- Material Kitchen pots, pans, knives and cutting boards for all your kitchen gifting needs. The coated pan is a fan favorite.
- This kitchen mandoline slicer is amazing for prep, slicing and dicing.
- Maldon sea salt flakes. I love giving this as a gift! It’s delicious on everything from fresh tomatoes to avocado toast to shishito peppers.
- Graza Olive Oil. Delicious, fresh tasting, great squeeze bottle.
- Kids SKIDA neckwarmer and matching hat will help keep your little ones warm this winter!
- L.L. Bean Tube for Snow the perfect gift for the little outdoor adventurer in your life.
Electronics and Tech Gifts
Techy and electronic gifts are great for all ages and are both practical and fun. Target and Best Buy offer convenient curbside pickup so if you’re out running errands you can place your order ahead of time and pick up your gifts quickly and skip waiting in lines.
- Digital Photo Frame Send photos to this digital frame, great for parents and in-laws.
- Apple AirPods Pro I love my AirPods, they are so small and easy to travel with or use while doing chores or exercising. The noise cancelling feature is especially nice.
- Yoto Player A great gift for kids, it’s an audio player for books, songs and more.
- Theragun Soothes sore muscles, relieves tightness, great gift for in-laws, partners, grandparents.
Magazine and News Subscriptions
Subscriptions make a great last minute gift. It’s the gift that keeps on giving all year long. Whether it’s a magazine, newspaper or Substack, there are tons of great options to choose from. For kids, Babybug and Ladybug are both a huge hit in our house.
Books always make such wonderful gifts for any age and are also easy to buy in a pinch at your local bookstore. Gift your favorite children’s book to the little one in your life. See some of our favorite books to give as gifts.
DIY gifts are such a lovely way to show you care in a thoughtful way. In addition, DIY gifts can also be really fun and a nice way to slow down and enjoy a favorite hobby during the holidays. If you love to bake make gingerbread cookies and decorate them with a friend or your children. If you love to knit or sew make hats, mittens or scarves for the ones you love. If you love soaps and scrubs try making a special scrub or bath salts. Try this gingerbread sugar scrub or this salt scrub recipe from the Healthy Maven.
Disclosure: if you buy something through the links on this blog, we may earn an affiliate commission. We only feature products we would personally recommend. Thank you for your support.