Last Minute Gift Ideas
Anyone else feel like December FLEW by? Somehow Christmas is a week away, and with a big snowstorm coming to Vermont, it’s making the last minute list completion extra tricky. There is still time to get the perfect gift, either in stores near you or online, and have it arrive in time. Whether you are shopping for your kids, partner, in-laws or friends, we’ve got you covered with last minute gift ideas that will make your loved ones day feel extra special. And if you don’t want to spend, a DIY gift is great too!
Here are some last minute gift ideas with everything from gift boxes, to gift cards and DIY for your loved ones this holiday season.
Last Minute Gift Ideas
When in doubt, gift cards are always a great gift idea. Whether you are gifting to the person that already has everything or the picky recipient, a gift card is a perfect way to show you care and give them an opportunity to enjoy an experience post holiday madness, which is honestly usually when we need it the most. It’s also a really great way to shop local and support small businesses. Whether it’s a book store, coffee shop, spa day, or restaurant, you can’t go wrong with a gift card (especially for the teachers on your list)!
Gift boxes and baskets are another great quick and easy last minute gift idea. If you are visiting friends or family this holiday season a gift box is a great way to say thank you to your hosts. Make your own with a nice candle, tea towels, cheese and cheese knives. In addition, if you’re looking to support a small woman-owned business, our friend makes these beautifully curated gift boxes. She offers a wide range of options to choose from for everyone on your list or you can work with her to personalize your own. They are beautifully made and also curated with products from local small businesses. Use code JESS25 to get 25% off your order with Forest and Field Collective valid from 12/16-12/22 with free local (Upper Valley Vermont area) delivery up to 12/24.
Here are some of our favorite gift boxes from Forest & Field:
Practical and Useful Gifts
Everyone loves a practical gift! Nobody wants more stuff they’re never going to use 😵💫 So why not get something practical that you know your partner, friend or family will love and use for years to come.
- Work gloves (L.L. Bean has expedited shipping through 12/18)
- Quilted Ankle Boot Slipper
- Jess raves about the turtleneck and long underwear from Negative. For anyone who lives in a cold climate long underwear is a MUST. These look really soft and comfortable and they’re also of incredible quality. Get free overnight shipping with Jess’s code JESSSHIP (order by 12/21).
- These fleece lined leggings from Athleta (25% off right now) are seriously the best for winter. Everyone in our girlfriend group LOVES these. Order today for FREE Delivery by 12/23.
For the home chef
- Material Kitchen pots, pans, knives and cutting boards for all your kitchen gifting needs. Jess swears by the Coated Pan. Use code INTIME for FREE expedited shipping through 12/16.
- Kids SKIDA neckwarmer and matching hat will help keep your little ones warm this winter!
- Vans Suede Sherpa Shoes (order by tomorrow for free shipping in time for Christmas!)
- L.L. Bean Tube for Snow the perfect gift for the little outdoor adventurer in your life.
- Everyone loves socks. Darn Tough socks are made in Vermont. Order by 12/16 with free standard shipping to arrive for Christmas.
- Long Wharf Supply Kennebunkport Seawell Sweater. These sustainably made sweaters are the best! If you’re in Boston they have a pop-up shop at 119 Newbury Street! Open everyday from 10am-8pm.
- Oral-B Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush. A practical gift that your loved ones will be thanking you for all year long!
Electronics and Tech Gifts
Techy and electronic gifts are great for all ages and are both practical and fun. Target and Best Buy offer convenient curbside pickup so if you’re out running errands you can place your order ahead of time and pick up your gifts quickly and skip waiting in lines.
- Aura Carver Digital Photo Frame Send photos to this digital frame, great for parents and in-laws.
- Apple AirPods Pro I love my AirPods, they are so small and easy to travel with or use while doing chores or exercising. The noise cancelling feature is especially nice.
- Yoto Player A great gift for kids, it’s an audio player for books, songs and more.
- Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones The best noise cancelling headphones.
- Theragun Soothes sore muscles, relieves tightness, great for an active person on your list.
Health and Wellness
Why not give the gift of wellness in the new year to the ones you loved. There are so many great resources out there now that you can easily gift. You could pay for a month or more of a gym membership or buy a couple exercise class passes for the athlete in your life.
For Adults and Kids
Magazine and News Subscriptions
Magazine subscriptions also make a great last minute gift that keeps on giving all year long! For all the readers, writers and intellectuals in your life–you can’t go wrong with a magazine subscription!
- Babybug is a magazine for babies and toddlers 6 months – 3 years with an annual subscription for $21.95.
- Ladybug is a magazine for kids ages 3-6 with an annual subscription for $21.95.
- New Yorker– just $74.99 for annual print and digital access subscription
- The Surfers Journal annual subscriptions from $74.00
- The Washington Post annual subscriptions for $40
- The Atlantic annual print and digital subscription for $69.99
- The New York Times unlimited access (news, games, cooking, etc) for $100
Books always make such wonderful gifts for any age and are also easy to buy in a pinch at your local bookstore. Gift your favorite children’s book to the little one in your life.
- The Crown On Your Head a heartfelt, sentimental story for a newborn or baby and their parents to share together.
- The Mitten a fun and classic winter children’s story.
- The Snowy Day an adventurous story that captures the magic of snow.
- Beartown, a novel for sports enthusiasts that appreciate a story with heart.
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking for the introvert in your life.
- And Yet, a new book of poetry from Kate Baer. Gift to any mothers in your life.
DIY gifts are such a lovely way to show you care in a thoughtful way. In addition, DIY gifts can also be really fun and a nice way to slow down and enjoy a favorite hobby during the holidays. If you love to bake make gingerbread cookies and decorate them with a friend or your children. If you love to knit or sew make hats, mittens or scarves for the ones you love. If you love soaps and scrubs try making a special scrub or bath salts. Try this gingerbread sugar scrub or this salt scrub recipe from the Healthy Maven.
Disclosure: if you buy something through the links on this blog, we may earn an affiliate commission. We only feature products we would personally recommend. Thank you for your support.
The Christmas season is coming, every year I have a headache when I have to think about what to give my loved ones, the article has helped me less headache this year.