You guys, I’ve been converted. I went from an almond milk skeptic to a full blown believer after the first sip of this magical elixir. Before you think I’m totally overhyping this recipe, let me tell you I used to think the same thing. I’ve tried store bought versions and they always tasted sort of watery and lackluster, unless they were artificially flavored and pumped full of sugar.
It wasn’t until I tasted this creamy, and delicious version that I was a believer. Try it, I swear you’ll absolutely love it and you’ll be whipping it up every few days.
raw and unsalted almonds
1. Place 1 cup of almonds in a bowl and cover with water. Let them soak overnight or for up to two days. The longer you let the almonds soak the creamier the final product will be.
2. In a strainer, drain and rinse the almonds with cool water. Place the almonds in a blender with 2 cups of filtered water. Blend for two minutes.
3. While the almonds are blending, place a piece of finely woven cheesecloth over a bowl. Once the blending is done, pour the almond mixture over the cheesecloth making sure to keep the sides of the cloth stay draped over the bowl.
4. Squeeze out the almond mixture until no liquid remains.
5. Rinse out the blender and pour the almond milk back into the blender. Add a pinch of sea salt, one teaspoon of vanilla extract, and a drizzle of honey. You can add more honey to taste depending on how sweet you like it. Blend until combined.