When I posted our bathroom on stories the other day and subsequently got a lot of questions about it, I realized it’s been over two years since we finished that renovation. It hasn’t changed a whole lot, but we’ve added some decor and finishing touches since then so I thought I’d share. You can find the original renovation post here and the YouTube video we filmed of the reno process and final result. This is currently the only full bathroom in the house (there’s a half bath in our current bedroom). Once we finished the master suite, this will be our guest/kid bathroom. Everything has held up well, the tile, the vanity, the shiplap, the plaster and the fixtures. It was our first attempt at a full bathroom renovation so I’m happy everything worked out. Make sure you follow @thecozyranch on Instagram to see our new master suite come to life.
The main thing we’re lacking throughout our entire house is storage. At the moment we have two closets, one in our master and one in what is now the nursery (plus a mudroom we added on for boots and coats). Installing some shelving in the bathroom gave us some extra storage space and keeps everything organized. A few things we’ve added since the initial renovation was complete:
- The wooden shelf in the above right photo was a DIY. We had some leftover wood lying around (we always do) and Craig used it to make a corner shelf. I use it for plants and skincare products.
- I use the acrylic storage containers (found them years ago at Homegoods I think) for cotton pads and swabs and the brass inlay marble box to hold elastics and bobby pins.
- The marble tray in the photo below is from Crate & Barrel. I love how it keeps all my skincare organized and looks really nice with the marble top vanity.
- I used a Command clear wall hook to hang my Goop dry brush. If I don’t have it out I forget to use it.
- Pottery Barn vintage wall shelf (pictured below) is great for additional storage of extra towels and beauty products. It’s on sale right now and ships free w/ code REFRESH.
The artwork on the walls is from Minted. The prints are Salinity Now, Ice on the Lake, and Board Study. When I ordered them a few years ago I think the frame color was rose gold, it looks like matte copper is the closest option they have now. I recently ordered some of West Elm’s organic cotton towels and they are great. I bought the set of 6 and it’s on sale for 25% off.
Shop the Post
Great for keeping beauty products organized
Super soft and made from 100% organic cotton (bundles currently on sale)
Love the vintage look and perfect for small space storage (currently on sale)
We installed this fixture the opposite way it’s shown because it worked better in our bathroom
A super affordable mirror perfect for a bathroom
Dried eucalytpus is such an easy low maintenance decor element in a bathroom
Disclosure: if you buy something through the links on this blog, we may earn an affiliate commission. We only feature products we would personally recommend. Thank you for your support.