Feels like the right time to re-share one of my many favorite mezcal margarita recipes for Cinco de Mayo. Honestly I never thought I’d like mezcal but when I first tried it a few years ago in a margarita with lots of citrus juices I absolutely loved it. I’m not a big drinker but it’s one of the only alcohols I drink when I’m having a cocktail and one of the few that doesn’t give me a massive headache. The great thing about mezcal cocktails is that there are so many delicious combinations and you can really get creative without needing fancy ingredients. I love using citrus because it’s the perfect flavor to balance the smokiness of mezcal. Even if you don’t think you like mezcal, try it this way, I can almost promise you’ll change your mind!
Honestly I just use whatever we have, it doesn’t have to be precise, go with what you like. This is just as good sans mezcal if you’re in the mood for a mocktail and I LOVE using Kombucha in place or in addition to seltzer. If you try this cocktail and love it let me know. Cheers.
Citrus Mezcal Margarita
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2-2.5 oz Mezcal (two of our favorites are Casamigos and Montelobos)
- orange juice (either fresh squeezed from oranges or bottled)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 3/4 can spindrift seltzer (I switch it up, for this one I used strawberry)
- pink himalayan salt (optional for salted rim)
- crushed ice
- Combine 1/4 cup orange juice, juice from 1 lemon, 1 lime, mezcal and crushed ice and shake in cocktail shaker.
- Add seltzer and stir.
- Line rim of glasses using a lime wedge and dip into a dish of ground salt.
- Pour cocktail into glasses and add more ice as needed.
- Cheers and enjoy!
Disclosure: if you buy something through the links on this blog, we may earn an affiliate commission. We only feature products we would personally recommend. Thank you for your support.
Happy Birthday Marin ?! Have a Magical day with your wonderful family?????
I also love mezcal. When I don’t want the alcohol I add a drop of liquid smoke (found in the ketchup/mustard/BBQ sauce aisle of most grocery stores). Gives me the flavor without the buzz.👍
Happy Birthday Marin!