Late summer and early fall is probably my favorite time of the year for food. There’s still plenty of tomatoes and corn, and it’s fairly easy to find fresh veggies and fruits at the markets and stores. Now that Craig and I have our days back with Marin in school, we also have a little more time to make lunch, what a concept!
This was definitely one of those, whatever we have on hand meals. Craig threw this kale salad together and it was just so delicious and fresh. A quick and easy lunch or would be great with dinner too. This would keep pretty well so you could prep ahead if you needed to bring it with you to the office. There’s plenty you can substitute in this recipe too. You could do a simple olive oil and lemon dressing with salt and pepper instead of the lemon dijon vinaigrette. You could also add strawberries instead of raspberries. Throw in what you like! The fresher the ingredients the better.
It’s going to be a hot one this week so here’s a few more easy recipes for hot days.
Easy Chopped Kale Salad Recipe
- Pickled Beets
- Small Tomatoes
- Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette (we added some fresh dill to the recipe) or Dressing of Your Choice!
- Chop up the kale into really small pieces. This helps with digestion but also makes it taste better to in my opinion!
- We cooked our corn on the grill (husk on) and then cut it off but you can use whatever is easiest for you.
- Chop up the tomatoes, cucumber, and pickled beets.
- Combine kale, chopped veggies, and croutons and mix together with dressing.
- Add raspberries last so they don’t get mushed up.
Disclosure: if you buy something through the links on this blog, we may earn an affiliate commission. We only feature products we would personally recommend. Thank you for your support.