7 Most Popular Instagrams of 2016
Oh Instagram, what a wonderfully complicated relationship we’ve had. It’s been a very bumpy ride on the IG train this year, with algorithm changes and updates and a whole lot of things that made the platform very frustrating at times. All that said, there are so many reasons to love IG, not the least of which is because I get to connect with all of you (that is if the algorithm shows you my photo- not bitter or anything). Anyhoo, let’s take a trip down memory lane. Here are the 7 (no idea why I chose that number) most popular photos from Instagram this year (with little stories to go along with them because I had fun doing that yesterday).
7. Trench Dress – I continue to be surprised by the things that resonate with all of you. I was NOT feeling this outfit or the location we were shooting it, and yet it was one of the most popular of the year. Admittedly the outfit and the photos grew on me.
6. Bean Sweater and Barbour – Oh this was fun. We went and shot in a field and I got bit by a deer tick and spent 10 days on antibiotics, yay! Love this sweater though, definite fave.
5. Out and about in Amsterdam – I WAS FREEZING HERE.
4. Chunky Knits – This was a really nice sunset dog walk that turned into an outfit shoot.
3. Borrowed from the boys – Another one of my favorite knits of the season. Also these are definitely probably my favorite jeans, of all-time.
2. Camel Coat – We went to shoot this outfit at one location and I looked at a few photos and hated them. So we headed down to the water and ended up at the fishing docks. Shocker: I wasn’t feeling the location, but Craig insisted, and of course it was one of the most popular posts of the year.
1. Wildflowers – I have to give a big shout out to Carlone’s Florist in Portsmouth. Brian gave me this gorgeous bouquet to shoot for some home decor stuff I had planned. I just got my new bike and Craig and I decided to ride around town and shoot some photos. We ended up in brick market place because Craig loved the light and shadows from the trees. I normally don’t get awkward about shooting photos because we do it all the time but there was a particularly large amount of people staring during this one. It was worth it for the gram.
Disclosure: if you buy something through the links on this blog, we may earn an affiliate commission. We only feature products we would personally recommend. Thank you for your support.
I have to say again that I love the background stories. And of course your style = perfection.
Thank you so much Donna. I really appreciate that. xx
So many good ones! Have a great day, lady!
these instagrams are so cool, love these accounts!
Fash ‘n’ fudge
Fash ‘n’ fudge
Love the stories, particularly the one out and about in Amsterdam, ha! xx
Jen | affecionada
Haha, such a rookie move. What was I thinking?! Happy New Year. xx
I love all your little stories with each outfit! It is so true, most of the outfits I don’t love or the backgrounds I hate end up being some of the best!
Love all of these! What filters/apps do you use to edit your photos? They’re gorgeous
Thanks Mary! I use lightroom to edit my photos and I use VSCO phone filters on my Instagram photos. xx