Hi friends. It feels really good to be back, though I wish the circumstances were different. There’s no denying what is happening right now is scary. Please take care of yourselves and check in on the people who need it. We’ve included some information on Coronavirus and other helpful resources below. Thanks for all of your love and support while I was on maternity leave and a huge thank you to Caylin for holding it down so I was able to step away and enjoy time with my newborn. Be well. xx Jess
If you’re looking for something to buy, try, read, share or pin, we’ve got you covered. Here’s the best of the week…
Jess (J) & Caylin (C)
Click. Read. Love. 3.13.20
- A very helpful article on the best ways to practice social distancing
- While it might seem like there’s so much info about coronavirus floating around, it’s important to get news from sources you trust. Jessica Yellin does a great job of breaking it down on Instagram.
- One facet of the coronavirus that you should be paying attention to—your money. Helpful, non-alarmist advice for managing your finances.
- How to help others during COVID-19
- How to stock your pantry
- Keeping your immune system strong is so important. In addition to washing your hands frequently, getting enough sleep, managing stress (get fresh air, meditate, do yoga, etc.) it’s also important to stay hydrated, eat nourishing foods, etc. We’ve been taking the following supplements as well to boost our immune system (please consult with your doc on any supplements): Organic Vitamin D3 spray, Liposomal Vitamin C, Elderberry Liquid (**I bought these through Amazon but I’ve noticed price gouging so please be mindful, look for the product in multiple places before purchasing).
- Grace’s tips for working from home are helpful, we also did a post on time management and productivity here.
My number one must-have baby item is this swivel, recliner chair and it’s on major sale right now. We put it in our living room because it’s too big for the nursery and we both live in it. I got the basketweave slub ash because I wanted it right away but I love the linen and performance slub cotton if you have time to wait. (J)
I’m partnering with Brooklinen this month and they gave me a promo code for you guys. Use code JESSANN20 for $20 off orders $100+. I have the classic hardcore sheet bundle in white with the windowpane duvet cover. They are SO soft and cozy. It’s a pretty incredible deal for a full sheet set, duvet cover and extra pillowcases.
Some of you may remember when I applied for the Sephora Squad last year (a year long partnership with Sephora). Thousands of you wrote testimonials on my behalf, and then I wasn’t chosen. It was a bummer. I wrote a post about it. But not being chosen pushed me to hone in on the direction I wanted to take my business and I am grateful for that. They’ve opened applications again this year and I have reapplied. I’d be so grateful if you could leave me a testimonial here. Thank you. (J)
This slow-roasted citrus salmon looks like an easy weeknight meal.
I watched The Pharmacist on Netflix over the weekend and it was so good. (C)
Pull out the tissues for this one. This is a series of photographs from The New Yorker of the photographer’s parents waving good-bye over the years.
These spicy tahini noodles with honeyed sweet potatoes are on my must-make list for the next week. There are great GF noodle options! (C)
When I cleaned out my wardrobe last year I got rid of ALL of my heels. They were too high and impractical for my lifestyle. I’ve been on the hunt for a comfortable and versatile pair ever since. These slingbacks from Everlane might be the ones. I love the embossed snake.