My Favorite Clean Hair Care Products

Jess Ann Kirby shares her favorite clean hair care products for silky and shiny hair

A few weeks ago I shared some new clean hair products I was trying on my Instagram stories. I’ve used a few different clean hair care brands over the last year and landed on a few favorites. A few notes about my general hair care routine, I typically wash my hair about 3 times a week. I often alternate products as I think it helps prevent build-up. I almost never blow dry my hair, I wash at night and let it air dry. I don’t really take any hair specific supplements but you can see all the the ones I take here (I think collagen peptides and probiotics definitely improve hair health). I get my hair done by Jennie Kay at Jennie Kay Beauty Salon. Check out my YouTube channel for some hair tutorials. Would love to know if there’s any other clean hair care brands you’ve tried and liked. Let me know in the comments!

Shampoo

Briogeo Super Moisture Shampoo

Rahua Volume Shampoo

Conditioner

Kristin Ess The One Purple Conditioner

This is technically not clean but it’s sulfate free and cruelty free. I haven’t found any everyday conditioners I like (the Briogeo deep conditioning mask is good but I only need that a few times a month).

Styling Products

Captain Blankenship Mermaid Sea Salt Spray

Briogeo Leave-in Conditioner

Treatments/Masks

Briogeo Deep Conditioning Mask

Olaplex – This isn’t a clean beauty product but I had to mention because it’s a really good at home treatment especially for color treated hair. It makes hair stronger and shinier, I use it once a month.

Tools

Wet Brush

Kristin Ess Pivoting Wand

t3 Wand

9 Comments

1. Christina wrote:

I’ve been looking for a clean shampoo and conditioner that I love for forever. The best clean conditioner I’ve tried is Acure Vivacious Volume Peppermint Conditioner. I haven’t tried their shampoo yet, but the conditioner leaves my hair really soft without weighing it down.

1.7.19 | Reply
    • kasey wrote:

I love the shampoo and it’s a repeat buy! never tried the condition though so good to know 🙂

1.7.19 | Reply
  2. Jessica Camerata wrote:

Such great products! I am gonna be trying Kristin Ess’ shampoo/conditioners once mine run out. She can do NO wrong!

xo Jessica
    My Style Vita

1.7.19 | Reply
  3. kasey wrote:

I love Acure (peppermint or pumpkin) for shampoo & shea moisture for condition and both are clean!

1.7.19 | Reply
  4. Beautiful hair! Thanks for sharing these products.

1.7.19 | Reply
  5. Sierra wrote:

Carina Organics. It’s a Canadian company based out of Vancouver.

1.7.19 | Reply
  6. Julia Bateman wrote:

Calia Naturals has wonderful clean and cruelty free hair products. I love the purify shampoo and conditioner for dry hair and leave in conditioner. There is definitely a period of time that it takes for your hair to adjust to the clean product but it’s so worth it. @calianaturals on IG

1.8.19 | Reply
  7. Sarah wrote:

I’m an air-dryer and pretty low maintenance when it comes to hair. I’ve moved more into mousse (I use John Master’s Organics) to help style my hair…I apply it when wet. I used to use sea salt sprays, but haven’t in a while. When you apply yours do you spray it on when your hair is wet, after your hair has dried, or both? I just cut my hair just below my jaw and I love how much life my hair has and I’m wanting to enhance that the best I can…while not working too hard to do so, ha!

2.26.19 | Reply
    • Jessica wrote:

Yes I usually spray it when my hair is damp (almost dry) then when it’s dry I might add more and occasionally add dry shampoo (powder) for texture. I am an air dryer too.

2.26.19 | Reply