Photography: Craig Mackay

Half Bathroom Renovation Reveal

Jess Ann Kirby reveals her half bath renovation with Kohler
Jess Ann Kirby renovates her half bathroom with Farrow and Ball Hague blue paint and a Kohler pedestal sink

This was a tiny transformation but also a big one. The half bathroom located in our master bedroom was in rough shape. We barely opened the door to it until we were ready to rip everything out. While it’s a tiny bathroom it’s super functional and stylsh. Finding options for a bathroom this small can be a little tricky so I reached out to Kohler to see if they could help. They were kind enough to help us create the perfect half bath and give us some great advice on what to use in such a small space. The old bathroom had a vanity but it felt (and looked) really crammed. Since we have another bathroom with plenty of vanity space we decided to go for a pedestal sink and I just love the simple, clean lines of the one we chose. A Kohler designer recommended we pair it with the the Persuade® Curv toilet. It’s perfect because it’s sleek, modern and has two flush settings on top (which can help save up to 4,000 gallons of water a year). We picked Purist accessories and fixtures (I have the knobs in our other bathroom and love them). The vibrant moderne brushed gold finish is perfect with Farrow & Ball’s Hague Blue. We had some leftover tile from the other bathroom so decided to use it again. This gold accent mirror looks great with the Kohler fixtures and doubles as a shelf, perfect for the small space. I really love how this half bathroom renovation turned out, let me know what you guys think. Stay tuned for the YouTube tour tomorrow!

Before

After

Jess Ann Kirby hangs a gold mirror in her renovated bathroom and finished with Farrow and Ball blue paint

Jess Ann Kirby hangs prints from Framebridge on her half bath wall painted in Farrow and Ball Hague Blue
Jess Ann Kirby hangs a gold shelf mirror in her renovated bathroom, with Farrow and Ball paint
Jess Ann Kirby renovated her half bathroom with new Farrow and Ball paint and the Kohler Parigi pedestal sink

Thank you to Kohler for providing the product featured in this post.

20 Comments

1. Vanessa says:

Wow, what an immense difference you’ve made! You’re right – the bathroom looked way too crammed with the larger vanity sink. I love the combination of the tiles and the wall colour. Very sleek and sophisticated – like something you’d see at The Savoy in London!

2. Kelsey Middleton says:

Super cute! I love this! I never would have thought to go dark in such a small space, but paired with the tile it looks beautiful!

3. Meghan Engen says:

It looks so great! What a transformation. How do you feel the Kohler bronze faucet and accessories hold up? Do they require maintenance to keep their look?

Thanks!

4. Lynn says:

What a beautiful wall color and super sleek look! I love the fixtures, Koehler sink and toilet and the floor. It’s amazing what you both have done with this room and the whole house! Beautiful!

5. Chelsea says:

It looks beautiful, but I am just curious about the limited storage. Where do you keep/store items like your toothbrush?

• Jessica says:

Yeah good question. So we have another full bathroom with a vanity where we keep all of that stuff. This is just a tiny half bath off our bedroom. It’s great when we have guests since there’s only one full bathroom in the house. But we don’t really keep any toiletries in it etc.

6. Meghan says:

Wow, it looks really great! Definitely a major transformation.

I was wondering about the Kohler bronze faucet, does it hold up well? Or does it require maintenance?

Thanks!

• Jessica says:

Thanks so much! I assume by maintenance you mean is it easy to keep clean? It doesn’t need anything special, I just use normal all natural cleanser that I use in my other bathroom and it holds up really nicely.

7. Rach says:

Omg the transformation is amazing!! I never thought to have blue walls, but I’m so loving it! I also love that mirror!

8. Grace says:

WOW! Amazing transformation. I love everything about it. Beautiful.

9. Sharon says:

Gorgeous! I love those tiles, they are dreamy.

10. Brittany L Cerminara says:

Looks amazing and chic! Ready to re-do my half bathroom (again) and this is giving me major inspo!

11. Ty says:

Hi. Beautiful bathroom. Is the ceiling painted navy blue as well or did you go with white? Thx!

12. Thanks for sharing! The after-look, looks bolder and elegant. Definitely, the right color tone and floor!