PHOTOGRAPHY BY CRAIG MACKAY
I can’t be the only one whose jaw hit the floor when I saw the photos from Olivia Palmero’s recent collaboration with Baublebar. It is drop dead gorgeous, and after looking through the photos multiple times, I was determined to try and recreate the beauty look on my own. Given that I am very mediocre at doing my own makeup, I found that it was actually quite easy to replicate (I mean I’m no Olivia) but I think I duplicated the gold smokey eye and burgundy lip pretty well for a gal that can’t do a cat eye to save her life. And to me, this look could not be more perfect for fall in New England (or anywhere for that matter). So with links to the products, here is a step by step guide of how I recreated the Olivia Palermo Baublebar beauty look.
2. With a makeup sponge apply 1-2 layers of Smashbox BB Water (I’m fair/light)
3. Apply pure and natural (the light pink and tan) in bareMinerals ‘Sexy Neutrals’ Eyeshadow Palette to eyelid and brow bone.
4. Mix bare skin and in the buff (from same palette above) and apply to lid.
5. In the crease (between brow bone and lid) lightly apply hot commodity (from shadow palette).
6. Line upper and lower lash line (from outer to inner corners of eyes) with Nars eyeshadow in Himalia.
7. Line eyes (lightly and only right at the lash line) with Stila waterproof eyeliner in Lionfish.
8. Apply Nars Radiant Concealer (I use Custard) under eyes.
9. On cheekbones, chin and forehead lightly dab a layer of bareMinerals complexion rescue (in Suede). It’s a tinted moisturizer but I use it as a bronzer. Any liquid or powder bronzer will work.
10. Apply Nars the Multiple in South Beach to cheeks.
11. At highest part of cheekbones lightly apply a dab of Stila liquid luminizer (in rose gold shimmer).
12. Define eyebrows with Bobbi Brown Brow Pencil (if you don’t have a brow pencil a brown eyeliner will work).
13. Curl lashes and apply 1-2 coats of YSL Babydoll mascara in black.